Co-Founder & Executive Director
Clorrisa seeks to step into the lives of others with the hope of empowering, encouraging, learning from and building relationships that are authentic and full of grace. On a day off, you will most likely find her gardening, cooking, reading, watching a movie or enjoying the sunshine with caffeine in hand. She has been a birth doula for over 15 years and is passionate about all life having value, being advocated for, being empowered and worthy of relationship. She continues to serve in this capacity, as time and opportunity allows. Clorrisa has been married to David for more than 20 years and is mom to 6 children between the ages of 6 and 21.
As co-founder and Executive Director of Parenteen, Clorrisa closely identifies with the mission of ParenTeen. “As we are given opportunities to build trust in relationships, I want us to intentionally and tangibly show the same grace and unconditional love that we have been given through Jesus. I want us to be an organization that chooses to love each person, right where they’re at and choose to become uncomfortable for the sake of making a difference. I want us to encourage and empower young parents with the truth that they are worthy of relationship. I want us to step into the challenge of impacting generations because we are being obedient to His call. I want our hearts to be transformed as we serve those He calls us to serve.”
Megan has a desire to pursue reconciliation, bridge building and helping people become the best version of themselves. She loves Jesus and carbs. She loves bringing people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds together to find common ground. Megan spent a year living and working in the inner city of New Orleans and it was there that her passion for unexpected relationships really began to blossom. She has facilitated several Love & Logic classes for parents of all ages and has completed all the coursework necessary to become a board-certified health and wellness coach.
Megan and her husband, Peter, have four children. They live in Des Moines where they both work in commercial real estate. When she isn’t hanging out with young moms, she can be found hanging out with her family, reading or working out. She loves spending time with friends and hates doing the dishes. Her favorite phrase is “All is grace, even this” and has said it so many times that anyone close to her can see it coming before she says it.
MEET OUR STAFF and BOARD
Programming Summer Intern
Renee Shulte – Board
Peter Jaques- Board
Tim Driscoll – Board
Donor Care Chair
Lauren Kappel – Board
Finance Team & Grant Writer
Koby Shivers – Board
Strategy Team Chair
Jessica Davies – Board
Finance Team – Treasurer
Jeremy Lyons – Board
Finance and Events Team
STATEMENT OF FAITH
As members of ParenTeen — Board members, staff, instructors and volunteers — we join together in our affirmation of the following statements of faith.
- The Scriptures of both Old and New Testaments, given by divine inspiration, are the Word of God, the final and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- In the Scriptures, God reveals Himself as the one and only living and true God, Creator of all things. Perfect in love and righteous in all His ways, this one God exists eternally as a Trinity of persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God made both man and woman in His image that He might have fellowship with us. Being estranged from God by our disobedience, we are, as sinful people, incapable of a right relationship to God apart from divine grace.
- The only true mediator between God and all human beings is Jesus Christ our Lord, God’s eternal Son, who as man fully shared and fulfilled our humanity in a life of perfect obedience.
- Because of His death taking our place, Jesus revealed divine love and upheld divine justice, removing our guilt and reconciling us to God. Having risen bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, He rules as Lord over all and intercedes for us as our great High Priest.
- The Holy Spirit, through the proclamation of the Gospel, renews our hearts, persuading us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus as Lord. By the same Spirit, we are led to trust in divine mercy, whereby we are forgiven all our sins, justified by faith through the merit of Christ our Savior, adopted into God’s family as His children and enabled so to live in the world that all people may see our good works and the Gospel of grace at work in our lives and glorify our Father who is in heaven.
- God’s redemptive purpose will be consummated by the return of Christ to raise the dead, judge all people and establish His glorious kingdom. Those who are apart from Christ shall be eternally separated from God’s presence, but the redeemed shall live and reign with Him forever.